The staff of AFMC HealthIT leverages expertise in health information technology to enhance provider performance in transformative health care initiatives.
Meaningful Use of certified EHR technology
AFMC HealthIT’s experience with electronic health record (EHR) systems, coupled with our practical knowledge of how to meet Meaningful Use (MU) criteria, make it possible for us to assist any size practice through the process of EHR system selection, adoption and implementation. Services include:
- No-cost technical assistance for Medicaid eligible professionals (EPs) – Medicaid incentives are available through 2021
- Technical assistance for Medicare EPs under a consulting agreement
- MU gap analysis, annual registration, attestation, audit preparation
- HIPAA security risk analysis
- EHR vendor selection and issues management
- Educational tools, webinars, face-to-face coaching
- Patient engagement strategies
Accountable care organization practice transformation
Public and private insurance payers are experimenting with alternatives to fee-for-service payment, and practices are challenged to reinvent the way they do business in order to lower costs and improve quality of care. AFMC HealthIT assists providers making the transition to becoming accountable care organizations in the following ways:
- Data-driven transformation strategies
- Management of high-risk patients
- Redesign of workflows
- EHR optimization
- Helping providers earn shared savings
AFMC HealthIT outreach specialists work with health care providers on two Centers for Disease Control and Prevention initiatives: chronic disease management and cancer screening. The goal of the chronic disease management project is to improve the overall health and disease management of patients diagnosed with hypertension and prediabetes through clinic coaching and utilization of the electronic health records.
Utilizing a team-based care approach, the HealthIT team works closely with clinics to ensure patients are identified and monitored, sent patient reminders, and educated on the importance of disease self-management, medication adherence, healthy eating, and incorporating exercise into their daily lives.
The cancer screening program seeks to improve cancer screening rates colorectal cancer, breast and cervical cancer using EHRs to set up clinic and patient reminders, identify patients in need of cancer screening, and ensuring cancer screenings results are returned to the primary care physician.
For more information, to request assistance or to talk with a HealthIT team member: 501-212-8616 email@example.com