Continuing to provide uninterrupted service to our clients is vital to us and ensuring the health and safety of our employees is critical. While our teams are working diligently to be available, we ask for your understanding as some questions may experience a slight delay in response time. Thank you for your patience as together we all work through the next few weeks to address the impact of COVID-19.
Health utilization management review
AFMC’s Fort Smith office provides health utilization management reviews for public and private health plans to ensure all health care services reimbursed are provided in the most efficient manner and are medically necessary. Review staff also help providers deliver the highest quality of care while at the same time preventing fraud and abuse.
- Emergency room
- Concurrent inpatient review
- Retrospective review of inpatient admissions
- Reconsideration reviews
- Extension of benefits for outpatient, lab and imaging
- Medicaid Utilization Management Program
- Prosthetics and durable medical equipment
- Inpatient utilization management
- Solid organ and bone marrow transplant
- Medical necessity for surgical procedures and use of assistant surgeons
- Private peer review
- Web-based review through Arkansas Medicaid Healthcare Portal for inpatient continued stay
Find out more about AFMC’s Review Services.