New Informational Tools
The Arkansas State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup (AR-SEOW) recently posted new resources on the Prevention Works website. Informational tools created through AR-SEOW highlight substance use data. All tools are available for download from the website, or you can request printed versions for free through the website or by contacting us.
National Stress-Free Family Holidays Month
The holiday season is filled with traveling, shopping, parties, school plays, cooking and spending time with extended family. That’s all stacked on top of the everyday work/life stress. It isn’t surprising that many people become overwhelmed with tension and anxiety. That’s why December has been named the National Stress-Free Family Holidays Month. Check out this article from a federal employee work resource for some useful coping tips.
Top 5 Reasons to Quit Smoking
- Your skin will look healthier, you will look more youthful, and your teeth and fingernails will not be stained
- You will be less likely to catch colds or the flu, and will be able to recover quicker if you do get sick
- You will have more money to spend
- Your chances of having cancer, heart attacks, heart disease, stroke, cataracts and other diseases will go down
- You will protect your friends and family from the dangers of secondhand smoke
Did you know?
Arkansas has the third highest adult smoking rate behind Kentucky and West Virginia.
We value your input – let us know if the tools are useful to you or if you have any suggestions. You can contact us here.