ARKids B Orthodontic Services
Your child may be eligible for Orthodontic services through their ARKids-B dental coverage
- ARKids Orthodontic benefits cannot be used for cosmetic reasons.
- ARKids Orthodontic benefits are only available for children with the most severe dental problems.
- Your Medicaid-enrolled dentist or orthodontist can perform an evaluation to determine if your child might qualify for orthodontic benefits and submit the necessary paperwork.
- Before your child can receive Orthodontic services, Arkansas Medicaid will have to review and approve their treatment plan.
A co-pay (cost share) of $10 will be due at the time of the Orthodontic evaluation and at every future Orthodontic visit until treatment is completed.
To learn more about this new benefit:
Call 800-322-5580 (TDD: 800-285-1131)
Mon. – Fri., 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- After the Medicaid orthodontist has evaluated your child, he or she will send the necessary evaluation materials (x-rays, teeth molds, etc.) to the Medicaid Dental Unit.
- The Medicaid Dental Board meets quarterly to review Orthodontic evaluation materials and approves or denies requested Orthodontic services.
- If the services are denied, the orthodontist can re-submit the evaluation materials again and any additional justification information or materials at the next quarterly Dental Board meeting. If services are again denied, you may appeal the denial.
- If Medicaid refuses to pay for Orthodontic services for your child, you will get a letter telling you so. If you disagree and want to appeal, you must send a letter to DHS (the Department of Human Services) asking for an appeal. Instructions on how you can submit an appeal are in the letter.
- Look at the date that is on the letter you received from Medicaid or ARKids First. Make sure DHS gets your appeal letter within 30 calendar days of the date.
- Send your appeal letter to the Department of Human Services: Appeals and Hearing Section, P. O. Box 1437, Slot N401, Little Rock AR 72203-1437.
- If DHS does not get your appeal letter on time, your appeal will be denied.