Take advantage of no-cost technical assistance.
The staff of AFMC HealthIT leverages expertise in health information technology to enhance provider performance in transformative health care initiatives.
Meaningful Use of certified EHR technology
AFMC HealthIT’s experience with electronic health record (EHR) systems, coupled with our practical knowledge of how to meet Meaningful Use (MU) criteria, make it possible for us to assist any size practice through the process of EHR system selection, adoption and implementation. Services include:
- No-cost technical assistance for Medicaid eligible professionals (EPs) – Medicaid incentives are available through 2021
- MU gap analysis, annual registration, attestation, audit preparation
- HIPAA policy updates and education
- EHR vendor selection and issues management
- Educational tools, webinars, face-to-face coaching
- Patient engagement strategies
Security Risk Analysis
The HIPAA Security Rule requires covered entities to conduct an annual risk assessment of their health care organization. Electronic protected health information is critical to your business and vital to the care of your patients. Conducting a security risk analysis (SRA) will help identify areas where protected health information (PHI) could be at risk. Our services can:
- Align your policies and procedures with HIPAA standards
- Identify and document potential threats, vulnerabilities and possible impact to your operations
- Provide guidance on documenting corrective actions needed to mitigate identified risks
- Provide report findings and supporting documentation
- Consult, educate and guide your staff on HIPAA best practices
- Reduce your clinical staff burden
Accountable care organization practice transformation
Public and private insurance payers are implementing alternatives to fee-for-service payment, and practices are challenged to reinvent the way they do business in order to lower costs and improve quality of care. AFMC HealthIT assists providers making the transition to becoming accountable care organizations in the following ways:
- Data-driven transformation strategies
- Management of high-risk patients
- Redesign of workflows
- EHR optimization
- Helping providers earn shared savings
Patient Engagement Satisfaction Survey
The 2016 Patient Engagement Satisfaction Survey Results shows answers from Arkansas’ medical providers and patients about their health care experiences and use of health information technology (HIT) such as electronic health records and patient portals. AFMC and Arkansas Medicaid are working together to increase the use of HIT by the State’s Medicaid population. As a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Certified Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) Survey Vendor, AFMC collected answers from over 1,000 health care providers and over 6,500 Medicaid beneficiaries to complete the patient satisfaction survey.
For more information, to request assistance or to talk with a HealthIT team member: 501-212-8616 or contact us today.
Contact us today for a free consultation