Need a last-minute dessert for a Labor Day gathering? This traditional dessert with a healthy twist is sure to please all tastebuds!
Prep time Cook time Yields Serving Size
5 minutes 0 minutes 10 servings ¾ C
- 3¾ C cold fat-free milk, divided
- 2 small packages (4-serving size each) fat-free, sugar-free instant vanilla pudding and pie-filling mix
- 2 C fat-free whipped topping, divided
- 32 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Mix 3½ cups of the milk with the pudding mixes. Beat the mixture with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, until it is well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped topping into the pudding mixture.
- Arrange a layer of wafers on the bottom and sides of a 2-quart serving bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the remaining milk over the wafers. Add a layer of banana slices, and top with one-third of the pudding.
- Repeat layers, drizzling each wafer layer with remaining milk, and ending with pudding. Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Total fat 2 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 329 mg
Total fiber 1 g
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Potassium 237 mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. https://healthyeating.nhlbi.nih.gov/recipedetail.aspx?linkId=15&cId=12&rId=250