IQI award winners: 24 hospitals receive more than $3.7 million in incentive payments
Arkansas Medicaid and AFMC released more than $3.7 million in performance bonus payments to 24 Arkansas hospitals as part of the annual Inpatient Quality Incentive (IQI) program. The 2015 program showed a significant increase in both the number of hospitals and total payments in 2014 – 13 hospitals received $2.6 million. This is the ninth year IQI has given incentive payments to hospitals.
Since the IQI program began in 2007, Arkansas Medicaid has awarded $33 million to hospitals that have participated in the program and successfully improved care. Through the IQI program, Arkansas hospitals are now screening 99 percent of admitted patients for tobacco use. A majority of the patients identified as tobacco users were offered or provided counseling as well as medications to help them quit.
The 2015 IQI program recognized hospitals that showed improvement in obstetrics and tobacco use screening and treatment. Hospitals were required to meet specific goals for at least 80 percent of eligible measures, including sending blood samples of newborns to the Arkansas Department of Health for screening and offering treatment for tobacco use. The IQI advisory board, AFMC and Arkansas Medicaid selected the measures. Hospitals must also pass validation of their reporting to qualify.
The Arkansas Hospital Association, Arkansas Medicaid and AFMC worked together to develop the IQI program, which has earned national attention for its innovative involvement with the health care community. This program reflects a growing movement toward rewarding hospitals for commitment to quality and providing evidence-based care to their patients.
- Arkansas Methodist Medical Center
- Baptist Health Medical Center- Hot Springs County
- Baptist Health Medical Center- Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center- North Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center- Stuttgart
- Baxter Regional Medical Center
- Chambers Memorial Hospital
- CHI St Vincent Hot Springs
- Conway Regional Medical Center
- Great River Medical Center
- Jefferson Regional Medical Center
- Johnson Regional Medical Center
- Medical Center of South Arkansas
- Mena Regional Health System
- Mercy Hospital Fort Smith
- Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas
- National Park Medical Center
- North Arkansas Regional Medical Center
- Sparks Regional Medical Center
- St. Bernards Medical Center
- Unit Health- White County Medical Center
- Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope
- Washington Regional Medical Center
- White River Medical Center