More than a quarter of Arkansas residents receive some type of Medicaid assistance. That’s why it’s important for providers and clinic staff to stay current on best practices, and program and financial changes.
WHO: Arkansas health care providers and staff who work with Medicaid patients
WHAT: Register to attend AFMC’S annual Medicaid Educational Conference
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 12; 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Embassy Suites Little Rock
HOW: Register now, space is limited; FREE conference
REGISTRATION: Register here.
WHY: This free conference is a great opportunity for you and your staff to:
- Get updates on Medicaid policy and programs for 2019
- Make a positive difference with best practices
- Help your staff be more effective
- Maximize reimbursements
- Conference keynote: Cindy Gillespie, director of the Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) (9:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Tami Harlan, Arkansas Medicaid’s new director (9 – 9:30 a.m.)
- Josh Hall, motivational speaker and director of community liaisons, HARK Center for Collaborative Care 10:45 – 11:45 a.m.)
- Track 1: Medicaid, Episodes of Care and MMIS
- Track 2: PCMH, SHARE and HIPAA
- Track 3: Behavioral health, PASSE and Web IZ
The three tracks will run concurrently from 1 – 3:45 p.m.
A buffet lunch (11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m.) and door prizes (3:45 p.m.) will also be included. Several breaks will allow time to visit with a variety of health care-related vendors and organizations.
AFMC contracts with the Arkansas Medicaid program to provide a wide array of health care improvement services for patients as well as health care providers, practices, hospitals and long-term care facilities. The annual Medicaid Educational Conference is one of the most popular ways we meet the educational part of our mission.
Photo credit: AFMC